To contribute in combating the human trafficking from Bangladesh, including unsafe migration, Proyas has been implementing the Bangladesh Counter Trafficking in Person (BCTIP) project with the funding from Winrock International/USAID since May 2017. This project has three strategic areas, i.e. Prevention, Protection and Procecution. Proyas is the implementing partner for prevention areas and is working in five districts i.e. Chapainawabganj, Rajshahi, Naogaon and Dinajpur.
The overall goal of the project is to develop capacity of target community to prevent human trafficking, promote safe migration and establish functional networking and partnership to strengthen TIP prevention initiatives. Specific objectives are:
- To build capacity of community’s youth leadership and counter trafficking committees so that they can take coordinated steps in trafficking prevention;
- To equip community with necessary knowledge and tools for their preparedness and proactive response in trafficking prevention and making informed migration choice;
- To sensitize and build capacity of the local administration, civil society and service providers in prevention of human trafficking and unsafe labor migration.
- Peer leader training
- Peer leaders follow up and coordination meeting
- School/College/Madrasa awareness session
- Community mobilization meeting
- Broadcast talk show/magazine program and PSAs through community radio